a growing announcement
The day has finally arrived when I can comfortably make my announcement. Yes,
we’re having another baby! 🙂 Yay!
Okay, here’s all of the fun details.
* This will be our 3rd child. If you have not read any previous posts, we have a 3 year old daughter, and a son who will be 2 in September. These two gems were born 15 months apart, so needless to say, this feels like a huge gap between deliveries!
* The baby’s due date is tenatively March 2nd. I say tenatively because A: neither of my already born children wanted to come out on their due dates, and B: because that week is my dh’s busiest week of the year at work. BIG company audit that he’s in charge of. So, we’re kind of praying for a baby who wants to just chill a little past the due date! 🙂
* This go-around, we’re not going to find out the gender. Clarification. Matt wants to know, but I don’t. This has led to an arrangement in which he has promised that he will not spill the beans to a single soul. I think he’s good for it. He’s the best secret keeper I know. Reason for not wanting to know? I have a girl, I have a boy, and this is it. It’s my last chance to do what I always wished I had the will power to do, and never did. I anticipate with great joy the moment of birth when I not only get to see my sweet new one, but also find out “boy” or “girl”.
* Names. We have no clue. It will probably amount to WWIII. Names dh likes, I don’t, names I like, he doesn’t. I know a name will appeal to both of us eventually, so I’m not stressed about having a nameless child.
* How am I? Pretty good. I felt miserable for a while, morning sickness, my foot. More like all day long, getting worse as the day went on, cumulating with me moaning miserably on the couch by dinner time. Have been taking Unisom/B6 combination in the evenings, which has helped tremendously! Now I don’t really feel sick until about 8:30PM, unless I let my blood sugar drop, in which case, misery decends upon me again.
* How far along exactly am I? 9 weeks. We went to the dr. last week and saw had our first sonogram and saw the heartbeat. Just amazing. It always is, no matter how many children you have. I generally wait to “tell” until after the heartbeat appointment since we did experience an early loss a couple of years ago. That paranoia never leaves… regardless of the number of healthy children in between…
* Do I want a boy or a girl? I don’t know. I’d kinda like another girl to dress up… and so that my middle child is the only boy, which in my mind might alleviate some of the middle child stress. BUT, a boy would be logistically easier since the two boys would be close enough in age to share a room sooner, etc… All of that thinking round and round is part of why I just don’t want to know until the end! Nothing to worry about, and once the baby’s here, it’s all good!
* How are the kids taking it? Eli is clueless. Absolutely no idea that his position as the baby of the family is about to be usurped. Rachel is excited. She talks to the baby on her play phone, and has decided she wants the baby to be a girl so she can, “share her bows, and give her a pink pacifer when she cries”. We’ll see how the sharing thing goes later on… 🙂
So, that’s it! Our growing announcement. 🙂